Sunday, November 4, 2012

Love Like a Child

Has anyone ever told you to grow up and stop acting like a kid? Well plenty of people have told me that and I hate it. Whats so wrong with being a kid? I am actually envious of every child I meet. The reason being is the way they love another person.

Today in mass during communion I watched as every parent walked their child up and each child received a blessing from the priest. Every child looked up the priest with a huge grin on his and her face and received a blessing. That right there is love at its finest.  Children at such a young age have no idea of the horrors and pain in the world. They look at everyone with a loving smile and go on. As the child received his or her blessing they didn't know better then to smile as they received. They just received a blessing as we received the Eucharist.    As I watched many people at mass go up and receive the Eucharist as they do every Sunday and it becomes a routine.  Think if a child shows his or her love for a blessing why can't we show our love for the Eucharist.  A child's love is so pure compared to our own. 

There is one person in my life that I  have always seen this type of love in.  I talk to her all the time because she is one of the two most important people in my life.  She shows me every time what true love really is.  Every time we talk the same thing happens. We will have a nice conversation and tell each other what is going in our lives and she always ends the conversation saying "I love you".  Those three simple words seem to brighten my day every time. Now, most people say that those are just words, but when it comes from her I can tell that she means it every time. I know she means it because she talks to me about those three simple words all the time.   That right there is the love of a child. The love that no matter what is always there. The only place that this true love can come from is God. The unconditional love that only a child or someone that has a child like faith can see. The love that God wants each and every one of us to have and cherish. 

Today in mass God didn't tell me to grow up and stop acting like a kid. God told me to look back and love like a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment