Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What If World

Two years ago around this time I was dating a wonderful girl and studying to be an elementary education major at Belmont Abbey College. Everything seem to be going by plan and it all seemed perfect. I had just told all my fraternity brothers that I was planning on marrying this girl and had been saving up for a ring.  After I graduated I would be getting married and living in the beautiful Carolinas.  If you know anything about me now, then you would know that none of this actually happened except for graduating with an education degree and I love what I am doing now. But every once in a while I will stop and think What If.



For the longest time I lived in that What if world.  What if I married that girl? What if I stayed in the Carolinas? What if I woke up every day to teach a third grade class instead of working as a youth minister?  But all of those things have changed for a reason. Some reasons God has already showed for me but the rest can only come through by my trust in him.  Talking to one of my best friends the other day about the past it began to make me think.  If we constantly concentrate on the past and the what ifs we are slowly killing ourselves on the inside.  We think about the things that could have been and the things that were once great, but they were great for that time in our lives.  God provides us with new opportunities and new people in our lives every single day.  If there is one thing that anyone takes from this article is that God provides for us.  Too many times we rely on our feelings and what is weighing on our hearts.  We must and should always rely on prayer and what God provides for us.

Finally, I have heard from many of people that sometimes they feel that they have lost their true love.  God will not allow something like that to happen if you rely on him.  I have found that my vocation at this point of my life is to be single. I fully concentrate on my relationship with him and he has provided some wonderful people entering into my life. I no longer concentrate on the what if I was married today, but concentrate on what will God do for me next.  I am a firm believer in true love. Again like I said in my previous article. God is love and God will PROVIDE me that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment