Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Feast of Guardian Angels

Standing atop a waterfall looking down thinking that I could die and my only option at this point is to jump.  My legs are quivering and my body not allowing me to jump off I stop an say a little prayer. Not just any ordinary prayer, but a prayer directly focused on my guardian angel. Praying that not only will my guardian angel grant me protection, but catch me or something so that I don't hit that water too hard. Obviously I survived that jump because I am writing this right now.

Looking back at that moment I now picture as I jump my guardian angel catches me like the angels do in the movie "Angels in the Outfield." In reality I never know how my guardian angel helped me on that day.  To be honest we know very little about Angels all together. But here are a few things I can tell you about my guardian angel.

1.  I am pretty sure my guardian angel is one of those angels that everyone in heaven knows about.  I have been in moments where I am so raptured in fear that I can't move. The feeling of not succeeding or being scared to death overtake me so much that I begin quiver and can't speak and anyone that knows me knows that I always have something to say. I can guarantee you that in those moments I stop and say a little prayer to my guardian angel and the feeling of warmth fills me.

2.  What is more awesome than knowing that an angel is right there with you fighting off all the evil that encompasses this world around you.  I picture this huge being standing over me with chains in one hand and a sword in the opposite hand. Every day he is battling off anything that tries to face me and grants me an opportunity to do my ministry and live my life with sheer joy.

3. I never would have gotten through this past year without my guardian angel. Guardian angels help you in those vulnerable times. Times like this past year when I am without  my friends, my family, and most importantly those people who constantly supported me in my faith; my guardian angel was right there next to me. Never wavering and always supporting me.

Now I am not failing to recognize that God was truly present in these moments. God is always present in my life. He is my rock to my faith. I strongly believe and take this day the feast of guardian angels to recognize another part of my faith. A part of my faith that God blessed us with to be our protection and guidance.  Today is the day to give respect and life up everyone's guardian angels. I ask that everyone step back and think of your guardian think. Think of those times that you sit in fear and recognize your not. You no longer have to do it alone, but are protected and guided. Today I pray that my guardian angel will continue to be with me in all my ministries as I move forward and I pray that everyone does the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment